Food bloggers from all over the world rally at this time of year to raise money for those less fortunate in a campaign called Menu for Hope. Created and organized by Pim Techamuanvivit of Chez Pim, Menu for Hope raffles off a ton of food-related prizes for just $10 a ticket, with proceeds going to the UN World Food Programme. Last year, Menu for Hope raised an impressive $62,925!
For my part, I am offering the prize of a Homesick Texan Care Package. Missing your favorite Texan foods? This Homesick Texan Care Package is a wonderful way to get the tastes of Texas, no matter where you are. It includes three Robb Walsh cookbooks—The Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook, The Tex-Mex Cookbook and The Texas Cowboy Cookbook—so you can whip up your favorite recipes whenever you get a craving. There's also a tortilla press and a bag of masa harina so you can make your own tortillas; a bag of Kerbey Lane gingerbread pancake mix so you can pretend that you're in Austin on a Saturday morning; a molinillo and Mexican chocolate for cups of frothy hot chocolate on cold winter evenings; a few cans of Ranch Style beans and Ro-Tel Tomatoes and other Texas treats. And all this could be yours for just $10!
The raffle code for the Homesick Texan Care Package is UEO3.
If you're interested in buying into the raffle, my region's organizer, Adam over at Serious Eats, has provided this handy little guide:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from Menu for Hope at Chez Pim.
2. Go to the donation site at First Giving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. Example:
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02. Example:
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Menu for Hope lasts from December 10 until December 21. Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle. Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!